Skip Navigation LinksCase-Manager

​​Vacancy Announcement: Transitional Housing Case Manager

Veterans Place is looking for a social worker to provide homeless Veterans living in our Transitional Housing Program with case management services.  Bachelor's degree in Social Work or a related field required.  Experience working in drug/alcohol recovery environment preferred.  Experience working with the homeless population preferred.  Veterans preferred.  

In order to apply for the Case Manager vacancy, you will be required to provide a number of documents, which are listed below:

  1. Cover Letter
  2. Resume
  3. Essay Response to the following question:

Please respond to the following situation in 1000 words or less:

You are a case manager in a large residential treatment program for clients with both substance abuse and mental health disorders.  A client with a diagnosed thought disorder was referred to a psychiatrist and subsequently prescribed a regimen of antipsychotic medication, which he agreed that he would take.  He has since changed his mind and is now refusing to comply with the prescribed course of treatment, endangering both himself and his ability to remain in the program. 

As his case manager, what would you do in this situation and why?  

You will be prompted to attach all of the above documents with your online application, which is accessible by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.  Please submit all of the documents in either Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.  In the essay response, please include your name in the document header.

To be considered, all appliactions must be submitted no later than 11:59pm on Sunday, September 29, 2013.